Fire!!!! Tips on what to do in the event of a FIRE for our Philadelphia Residents
Tips on the FIRE Do's & Don'ts
What to do: Immediately contact 911, Your Insurance Carrier and your local SERVPRO Professional
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Blow or brush vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes and carpets.
- Place old towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open.
What NOT to do:
- Send garments to ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor. Your local SERVPRO Professional can assist you with professional dry-cleaners to treat the odor.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances, TV sets, radios, etc. that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service. Your local SERVPRO can assist you with this as well.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO Professional.
Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting your SERVPRO Professional.