What to do with refrigerated items during a power outage
Hello from our SERVPRO Spring Garden Family!
Spring & summer thunderstorms approaching. We thought you should know what to do with REFRIGERATED ITEMS should there be a power outage. Here are some tips compliments from American Red Cross on Food Safety:
1.) Call electric company, advise and in inquire about how long the outage may be.
2.) Keep fridge and freezer doors closed as much as you can.
3.) Food that is over 40°F for longer than 2 hours should be disposed of. Also food that if discolored or has an odor.
4.) Eat perishable foods first: fridge first, then freezer.
5.) Have a cooler and ice prepared if the outrage may be more than 24 hours. Keep it in cool place covered in a blanket or towel.
SERVPRO & THE AMERICAN RED CROSS are close affiliates as both companies enjoy helping those in need during a time of loss. We are proud to have such a great business relationship!
We at SERVPRO Spring Garden are available for your emergency services needs at 215-791-2392 & visit our Facebook page & website www.SERVPROspringgarden.com
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call SERVPRO of Spring Garden/ Fairmont Today @ 215-791-2302. We will answer every time!
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Spring Garden/Fairmont and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 215-791-2302
Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage in Philadelphia? Useful Information
Fire, Soot, or Smoke Damage in Philadelphia? Useful Information for Home Owners!
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. Our technicians are IICRC Certified, highly trained, & very experienced in this field. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care. We do go above and beyond to make you home "Like it Never Even Happened"
Soot & Smoke Restoration Services
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action. From there our certified and highly trained technicians can properly begin the mitigation & restoration process.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Spring Garden/Fairmont will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 215-791-2302 Available 24/7 & 365 days a year.
Pipe Break & Water Damage
Pipe Break / Water Damage Thank You Letter
NOTE: the end (P.S. Reggie, Marcus & Kimberly were great) got cut off the bottom.
Pipe Break & Water Damage in Philadelphia Home right before a Holiday
2 weeks before Halloween a Philadelphia family had a pipe break and significant water damage in their home. They were scheduled to hold a large children's party on Halloween night. As mentioned many times before, we truly do operate 24/7 & 365 days a year. Below is a wonderful "Thank You" letter we received from this family (who wishes to be anonymous after giving their permission to share on our site.)
Thank You Letter dated 11/02/2016
Dear SERVPRO of Spring Garden,
I want to thank you for your amazing help during my Halloween crisis! If not for your fast response and excellent work my child’s Halloween would have surely been ruined! We were panicked when we found water gushing into our finished basement & did not know what to do.
Thank to your company & recommendation of a excellent plumber, we found that a water pipe burst!
The plumber came out prompt, then your company immediate after. It took only 2 weeks for the entire process to be complete. The plumber fixed our pipe right away, and Your company begun right after he was done to begin drying everything out. Most impressed that you had started to put my walls back, carpets, paint, and so much more right away.
In two weeks our home looked exactly the way it had before! Just in time for my children s Halloween party. This meant so much to me & my child.
I cant thank you enough. We will recommend you ever time a friend of ours is in need!
PS: Reggie, Marcus, & Kimberly are great, amazing staff & compassionate
Philadelphia PA 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
Water Damage;Common in Philadelphia - Hardwood Floors "Cupping" Emergency Services are needed in this situation. call 215-791-2302
SERVPRO of Spring Garden / Fairmont, Philadelphia PA, is available 24/7 - 365 days a year for your water emergencies- large & small.
When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 215-791-2302.
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Spring Garden/Fairmont has the most superior & specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business.
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What is the source or cause of the water damage (if known)?
- Has the source or cause been stopped?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
- What has been affected from the water loss? and a brief description.
About SERVPRO of Spring Garden/Fairmont
SERVPRO of Spring Garden/Fairmont specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained and certified in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- RCT - Rug Cleaning Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
Meet Our Crew
Christmas Tree & Lights - Fire Safety Tips for our Philadelphia Family's
Philadelphia Fire Hazard, - Christmas Tree! Although a fake tree, still a danger: 1. Close to two heating sources 2. lights on during the night.
Attention our Philadelphia Friends & Family: Avoid a Holiday Fire Disaster!
Did you know that Christmas trees alone result in 13 million dollars, annually, in property damage? More importantly, these fires present real risk towards family, friends, and homes! While having a live tree in your home is a tradition to many & beautiful, beware of dangers and take simple precautions; The combination of tree dryness, electrical malfunction with lights and poorly located heating sources can make for a devastating combination.
BUT IF YOUR HOLIDAY IS JUST NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT A LIVE TREE, FOLLOW THESE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TO KEEP THREATS AT BAY:
- Fresh trees are less likely to catch fire, so look for a tree with vibrant green needles that are hard to pluck and don’t break easily from its branches. The tree shouldn’t be shedding its needles readily.
- Always place your tree away from heat sources like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights, and keep the tree base filled with water to avoid a dry-out.
- Make sure all your indoor and outdoor Christmas lights have been tested in a lab by the UL or ETL/ITSNA for safety, and throw out any damaged lights.
- Any lights you use outdoors must be labeled suitable for exterior placement, and be sure to plug them into a ground-fault circuit interrupter protected receptacle.
- Keep all your holiday candles away from your Christmas tree, surrounding furniture and décor.
- Bedtime means lights off! Don’t forget to turn your Christmas tree lights of each night.
When your tree begins to drop its needles, it’s time to say goodbye to your evergreen foliage until next year. So this year, follow our tips to avoid becoming another statistic.
Remember to call SERVPRO of Spring Garden if emergency services are required @ 215-791-2302.
Available 24/7 & 365 days a year.
Happy Holidays from all of us at SERVPRO Spring Garden / Fairmont!
Fire, Water, Mold, and more, SERVPRO of Spring Garden / Fairmont is an IICRC certified Firm!
Fire, Water, Mold- Remediation, Mitigation & Restoration: SERVPRO Spring Garden / Fairmont is an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Spring Garden / Fairmont is an IICRC firm.
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Spring Garden / Fairmont
SERVPRO of Spring Garden / Faitmont specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Spring Garden/Fairmont Available 24/7 & 365 days a year. Please call us @ 215-791-2302
Fire!!!! Tips on what to do in the event of a FIRE for our Philadelphia Residents
Tips on the FIRE Do's & Don'ts
What to do: Immediately contact 911, Your Insurance Carrier and your local SERVPRO Professional
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Blow or brush vacuum loose soot particles from upholstery, drapes and carpets.
- Place old towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open.
What NOT to do:
- Send garments to ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor. Your local SERVPRO Professional can assist you with professional dry-cleaners to treat the odor.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances, TV sets, radios, etc. that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service. Your local SERVPRO can assist you with this as well.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO Professional.
Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting your SERVPRO Professional.
SERVPRO of Spring Garden / Fairmont 215-791-2302 Available 24/7 & 365 Days a Year
Philadelphia Residents: Thanksgiving Turkey Frying
Fire from using a Turkey Fryer - significant damage to the home and content in need of Emergency Service. SERVPRO Spring Garden 215-790-2302
Every year deep frying a turkey for Thanksgiving causes more than $15 million in property damage. Most of which are from Fryer Fires, but also many water & plumbing issues as well. Here are some brief tips about Fryer Fires:
1. KEEP YOUR DISTANCE....10 FEET AWAY FROM YOUR HOUSE, DECK, GARAGE OR TREES
2.THAW AND PAT DRY YOUR TURKEY
3. ALWAYS BE PREPARED AND HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER NEARBY.
HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY!! FROM YOUR FRIENDS AT SERVPRO SPRING GARDEN / FAIRMONT IN PHILADELPHIA AT 215-791-2302
Philadelphia Residents: We Specialize in Soot cleaning
Philadelphia Residents....If you are starting to turn your boilers or heaters on for the winter months, occasionally you will experience a "puff back" due to the heater not being serviced annually. A puff back can create soot through out your house which would need to be professionally cleaned by our certified technicians. If you experience a "puffback" please call us at 215-791-2302.....